The new guidelines set forth by the CDC will make things difficult with children. We all know they miss their friends and teachers. They will be excited to be back at school and we will be doing everything possible to teach the importance of hand washing, not touching their faces, and social distancing in a way the children can understand. It will be difficult, and with your help following the CDC guidelines, we can all help provide a safe environment for all the children.
We are not providing masks for the children. If you want your child to wear a mask, you must provide it. They are available at Target in Royersford.
All Jeffersonville Country Day School staff will be wearing masks and/or face shields.
A sick child must be picked up within 1 hour of phone call to parent/emergency contact
The same parent should try to drop off and pick up as much as possible. When you pickup or drop off your children, please wear a mask and practice social distancing.
Please update the Emergency Contact form for your children. Bring it with you on Monday or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pre-Screening by Parents
• Children should stay home with any of these symptoms present:
• Temperature of 100.4 or greater (38 C or greater)
• Fever or chills
• Shortness of Breath or difficulty breathing
• Muscle or body aches
• New loss of taste or smell
• Sore throat
• Congestion or runny nose
• Nausea or vomiting
Drop Off and Pick Up Instructions
• No parents are allowed in the building.
• Parents should be wearing masks.
• Children should be fed breakfast prior to drop off at the school.
• Children must be dropped off between 8:00am and 9:00am. No children will be allowed to enter after 9:00am.
• Drop children off in the rear parking lot and access will be through the rear porch door only.
• Each child’s temperature will be taken before entry. Anyone with a fever of 100.4 or higher will not be allowed inside. If one of your children has a fever, all siblings will not be allowed into school.
• Each child’s hands will be washed with hand sanitizer prior to entry of the building.
We will be eating lunch outside as much as possible. We are trying to give the children every opportunity possible to be outside of the classroom.
• No microwave meals
• No meals which need preparation in a kitchen environment
• No containers which need cleaning after lunch time (Tupperware, plastic, or cups/thermos)
o Use Ziploc bags, plastic wrap, or aluminum foil to pack your child’s lunch
Clothing and Nap Bedding
No stuffed animals are allowed!
• Parents can supply crib sheets for babies and pre-toddlers and 1 light weight blanket for naptime.
• An extra change of clothing should be provided by the parents
o Shoes, socks, pants, underwear, shirt, coat/jacket
Pre-Toddlers: Dalynne Couser and Meg Petz
Toddlers: Jhanely Rojas-Rodriguez and Ashley Perry
All Others: Ms. Yacono and Miss Maryanne’s classes will be combining for the day. Miss Maryanne’s children will not have a naptime.